Buying a birthday or Christmas gift for camera lovers can be an expensive thing to do. However, I’ve made a list of 11 great gifts and ideas for a camera lover that won’t break your budget. Most of the items are cheap but they are useful items that literally everyone with a camera either needs or would love to own.
Camera Lens Coffee Mug
Fun little and inexpensive birthday or Christmas gift for a camera lover. This Camera lens coffee mug is definitely something that your camera friend does not own. The coffee mug is an exact replica of the canon 24-105 camera lens, which is a very popular lens among camera lovers.
- Available with or without a 16GB USB.
- Made from PVC on the outside.
- Made from high-grade stainless steel on the inside.
- 100% safe & BPA-free.
- It’s easy to open and close.
- A perfect Christmas gift for a camera lover.
The camera lens mug is ideal for travel, and it keeps your coffee warm for many hours. The small switches on the mug can be moved, which is a neat little detail for this mug, and a good conversation starter. You can order the mug from Amazon, by following this link.
Professional Cleaning kit for DSLR Cameras
This little cleaning kit is another inexpensive birthday or Christmas gift for a camera lover. These are useful items to buy if you own a small budget, but still, want to buy something nice for your friend. The cleaning kit does not take up much space, and it’s easy to carry with you when you are out on one of your camera adventures. The cleaning kit can be purchased on Amazon, this link will take you right to it.
- Included in the kit:
- Lens cleaning pen system and a high-quality lens brush.
- Air blower cleaner and 50 sheets of lens tissue paper.
- Empty spray bottle and 3 premium magic fiber microfiber cleaning cloths.
DSLR Camera Gadget bag
This little inexpensive camera bag is another great birthday or Christmas gift for a camera lover. The bag is small and does not weigh that much, yet, it is big enough to carry all of your most-used camera equipment. The camera bag has room for one DSLR body and up to three lenses. You can even fit a little tablet in the bag, which makes it a perfect carry aboard bag for airplanes. This camera bag is sold on Amazon, here is a link to the page.
Camera Shoulder Strap with Quick Release
This light and comfortable camera shoulder strap is another inexpensive gift for a camera lover. The shoulder strap is of very high quality and has been reinforced with a metal plate. The shoulder strap is compatible with any DSLR camera, and has a quick release, so no photo opportunities will be missed.
The padding on the shoulder strap has a small storage pouch, where you can put batteries, a USB, or memory cards. The shoulder strap can be ordered from Amazon, this link will take you right to it.
SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB Memory Card
Every Camera lover knows that we always need more memory cards, just like batteries. If you are looking for a little nice birthday or Christmas gift for your friend who loves to take pictures, then this memory card might just be what you are looking for. 128GB is a lot of space, and your friend will be able to take many pictures in a high resolution. The memory card is available on Amazon from this seller.
- Shot speeds up to 90MB/s*, transfer speeds up to 170MB/s.
- Full HD (1920×1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video support.
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions): temperature-proof, waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof.
Camera Tripod for DSLR
This is a great little camera tripod regardless if you are an amateur or a pro. I love using this camera tripod for my DSLR when I am out exploring in the mountains. The tripod is very solid, it’s made from aluminum and does not put too much weight on my shoulders. I bought mine from Amazon, this was the seller that I used.
- Adjust the working height from 19’’ to 77’ in seconds.
- Can be rotated 360°.
- Compact storage size and easily carried with a bag.
- 3.37lbs / 1.53kg tripod weight and 17.6lbs / 8kg maximum load weight.
Camera Microphone with noise reduction
If you have a friend who loves to record videos with his or her camera, and always complains about the noise from the surrounding environment, then give him/her this camera microphone as a birthday or Christmas gift. Most camera microphones cost $200 and up, but this one is more affordable, and still very good.
- Available in red or black.
- Super shield and anti-interference.
- Reduces the noise of the surrounding environment.
- Easy to carry and fits in most camera bags.
The microphone has a crisp and clear sound from its recording, and the little hairy ball on the image reduces the noise from the wind when it is attached to the mike. It’s a point-and-shoot microphone, which means you need to point at the audio you want to record. The microphone can also be used for your smartphone, it uses the same port as your headset. The microphone can be bought from Amazon, by following this link.
Great Beginner Camera + Everything Needed
If you are looking for a great beginner camera for yourselves or as a birthday or Christmas gift, then I highly recommend you pick this Camera bundle. You won’t regret starting out with this camera, it has all the functions you need without emptying your bank account.
The camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T7, which is a DSLR camera, a very popular camera that can take pictures in a very high resolution. It’s a camera that is easy to use, and there are lots of videos on youtube, where people give tips and tricks for getting the most out of this camera.
- The Camera bundle includes everything below:
- Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera.
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens.
- 2.2x Auxiliary Telephoto Lens.
- 0.43x Auxiliary Wideangle Lens.
- 3 Pieces Filter Kit.
- 50″ Camera Tripod.
- 2 Pieces SanDisk 32 GB High-Speed SDHC Class 10 Memory Cards.
- Deluxe Padded Camera Case.
- Ultra-Bright Slave Flash Light.
- 4 Pieces Macro Close-Up Kit.
- Tulip Lens Hood.
- Extra Battery Pack.
- AC/DC Car & Home Charger.
- Original Canon Battery Pack and Battery Charger.
- Body Cap for Canon EOS Cameras.
- Canon Wide Neck Strap.
- Commander Wired Shutter Release Remote.
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader.
The camera has everything a beginner needs, to start their journey toward a professional career as a photographer. The camera and everything in the bundle come with a warranty of 1-year, if you order it from the official seller on Amazon, this link will take you right to it.
Great lens for portraits, action, and nighttime photography
Up your game as a photographer, and buy this Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens. This lens will help make you those professional portrait shots that you always wanted. It can be used for every canon camera, including the Canon EOS Rebel T7.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 50mm f/1.8.
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups.
- Diagonal Angle of View: 46°.
- Focus Adjustment: AF with the full-time manual.
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1.15 ft. / 0.35m.
- Filter Size: 49mm.
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: Approx. 2.7 x 1.5 in. / 69.2 x 39.3mm, Approx. 5.6 oz. / 159g.
The lens will give your images a depth of field which looks great for portraits, even in a low-light setup. The lens renders and captures every little detail, even if the target is moving, jumping, or running late at night. This lens is a great upgrade to an affordable price of $125, which is actually a steal at that price for such a good lens. I don’t know if they sell it for such a low price at your local store, but you can get it for $125 on Amazon from the official seller.
Extremely HIGH-Quality Lens
This Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens is for people with deep pockets, the current price here in 2019 is $749 for this amazing camera lens. With this lens, you will be able to take the sharpest images that you have ever seen. The lens has built-in image stabilization, so if you have the tendency to shake a little on your hands when you take photos then this function will help you keep your images clear and sharp.
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view.
- The inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option. The closest focusing distance is 0.99 ft./0.3m (maximum close-up magnification: 1x).
- 67 mm filter size.Filter Size:58mm.Lens hood:ET-73.
- 100mm lens with f2.8 aperture.
- Canon’s first mid-telephoto macro “L” series lens to include Canon’s sophisticated Image Stabilization.
- Near-silent Ultrasonic focusing.
- Enjoy life-size close-up capabilities without an adapter.
- Compatible with 67mm filters.
The lens is very expensive, but it is worth it if you love to take photos all the time. You will definitely not be disappointed with the lens, and it will take your images to a whole new level, that you had no idea was even possible. I bought my lens from Amazon, by using this seller, the customer reviews on the page are full of images made with this lens, which will give you an idea of how great this lens really is.
DJI Mavic Pro – Easy to use for beginners
Drones are great for taking pictures or recording videos from the sky. A DJI drone can record videos in 4K with 30 frames per second. You can control the DJI drone at 4.3 miles away (7km), at a speed of 22mph.
Most drones can only fly for about 10 minutes before they run out of power, but the DJI Mavic Pro can fly up to 27 minutes per battery, almost 3 times as long.
The images and the video recording from a DJI drone are some of the most stable and crystal clear results that you can get with the current technology.
The DJI drone is very easy to control manually, but you can also plan its course and it will fly it automatically. The drone is also easy to land, you simply just push a button and it will land at the same spot where it took off.
- The packages include:
- DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter.
- Remote Controller.
- 3 x Intelligent Flight Battery for Mavic Quadcopter.
- 5 x 8330 Quick Release Folding Propellers for Mavic Drone.
- Gimbal Clamp.
- AC Power Cable for Charger.
- 16GB MicroSD Card.
- Micro-USB Cable.
- RC Cable with Lightning Connector.
- RC Cable with Micro-USB Connector.
- 2 x RC Cable Slider.
- Charging Hub.
- Mavic Shoulder Bag.
- SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter.
- Transparent Lens Cover/Gimbal Lock.
- Lens Hood.
- Landing Gear Height Extender Kit Stabilizers.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth.
The Mavic Pro drone is a very expensive piece of technology, and you should only buy it from the official DJI seller, so you avoid buying a cheap copy. The DJI company has its own product page on Amazon, and I would recommend that you purchase your drone through their sales page on Amazon.