Throwing food away is not an option if we want to leave behind a better world. If you have made ”risengrød” and have some leftovers from yesterday, you can use it in this rice porridge pancakes recipe. To my knowledge this recipe is Danish, and I’ve not been able to find any earlier source to an area where it was made before as a Christmas treat.
- 250 gram cooked rice porridge
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 0.5 tablespoon of sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
How to make Rice porridge pancakes (Klatkager)
- Whisk the egg.
- Put the rice porridge in a bowl and mix it together with the egg.
- Gradually add the milk until the dough has a slightly thick consistency.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla sugar to the dough and stir it.
- Melt the butter in a warm pan, when the melted butter is light brown, put the dough on it in small clumps.
- The rice porridge pancakes are done, when they are light brown on both sides.
- Klatkager are served with sugar and your own favourite jam.