Throwing food away is not an option if we want to leave behind a better world. If you have made ”Risengrød” and have some leftovers from yesterday, you can use it in this rice porridge pancakes recipe. To my knowledge, Klatkager is a Danish recipe, and I’ve not been able to find any earlier source where it was made before as a Christmas treat.
- 250-gram cooked rice porridge
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 0.5 tablespoon of sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
How to make Rice porridge pancakes (Klatkager)
- Whisk the egg.
- Put the rice porridge in a bowl and mix it together with the egg.
- Gradually add the milk until the dough has a slightly thick consistency.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla sugar to the dough and stir it.
- Melt the butter in a warm pan, when the melted butter is light brown, put the dough on it in small clumps.
- The rice porridge pancakes are done, when they are light brown on both sides.
- Klatkager is served with sugar and your own favorite jam.